Friday, January 18, 2008

The Love Never Dies

Y'all who love me might have been wondering where I've been. I haven't posted in a bit of a time, but nevertheless, I'm HERE!!!

Life is so exciting, so wonderful, and that still stands no matter what is going on around us, Yes? I encourage all of you who read this to wake up each morning Knowing that, and go to bed each night, Knowing that. Live your life each minute Knowing that and you will have found the secret to everlasting happiness and joy. Better still, you'll be contagious and spread love around everyone you touch like warm massage oil on a tired, aching body. Be that warm oil, massaged into the aching spirit bodies of others. Be that comfort for every child, man and woman that you encounter...But first start by massaging yourself, your on spirit, everyday.

Which leads back to being thankful, grateful, for every, every moment and everything seemingly good or seemingly "bad".

Feeling sad or blue? Can't catch your rhythm? It happens to me too, don't get me wrong, but I learned the secret! Begin with gratitude and you will be healed.

I turned on some great music today, Have you all ever heard of Pandora? Its a great site where you can create your own radio station (www.pandora.com) On my Erykah Badu station, the played "Strength, Courage and Wisdom" by India.Arie. I always cry when I hear that song, its so beautiful. It's an anthem that we all could play everyday to "wake us up!" I also cry because it was the song that Rennea Goines played several years ago when her family and our family did an informal Kwanzaa celebration at her home. It was just us and Rennea, Doug (her husband) and her daughter Adamaa. Hearing the song brings me right back to that moment in eternity where our families held hands together and including this song, which we all listened to together in our prayer.

Rennea was a phenomenal teacher at our children's school in Virgina. She was an high healer through the realm of education. She turned many, many children on to education, children who were struggling, unsupported, lost, ignored or forgotten. She demanded the best from these kids as well as the best from the "trust fund" kids she also taught. She was the teacher that would go knock on the door of a child's home to find a child who hadn't been coming to class. She walked in the valley in the shadow of death and feared no evil.

Rennea taught my daughter in 6th grade and in 7th grade. She loved Y. as here own. I believe she saw a smaller version of herself in my child and they became very close.

Sometime during the middle of that year, health concerns that had been plaguing her brought her to a place where she could no longer ignore. Cancer was found. In one of the last conversations that she had with me, she said, "Kim , this is my test." Several months later, she was gone. Just like that.

Be grateful for your life. We will not be in this body for long. I do believe, as I am taught at my spiritual home, Agape, and through my spiritual teachers that we are eternal, our spirits are forever...

Rennea, I feel you, I see you, I love you and I thank you, you touch me, I touch you....forever.

For all of you reading this, I send the same message to you.

Go with God.

Mama Kim

5 comments:

jillybean said...

I miss and love Rennea also. Her spirit still lives in Hunters Woods. The new clinic aide calls her son on the intercom by his full name, just like Rennea used to with Adamaa. Everytime she does, my heart just smiles. Rennea was something...a strong spirit. I'm glad her spirit is still touching those who loved her.

Thanks Mama Kim,

Jillybean

Mango Mama said...

So good to hear from you. As our friendship will attest, love transcends time, space, physicality.

Thanks for such a beautiful post.

Anonymous said...

I love to see the light in you, my dear. The light that brings us all together, unites us beyond body, mind and thought. Praise GOD and all that is.
In true Peace.
Shanti, shanti, shanti.

Anonymous said...

hey mama kim

thanks from the deep south, as our family is making this major transition, i needed those words. i hope your tribe is well, my tribe of 6 is fine. trying not to get pregnant, hoping to nurse this one until menopause!!!

luv ya
artmama6
monique

Anonymous said...

Wow Kim, we actually are walking on the same paths. I miss you so much. I can feel your heart in your words. In December my uncle made his transition. He was very ill but was in denial. The strong, powerful man that I grew up with was week and unrecognizable. I expected him to get better once he went to the hospital. To my disappointment, he didn't. Through the shock I was once again reminded how precious live is and how important it is to reach out to others with authenticity. Life is humbling. Live it fully.

As my son would say,
Stay up,
Kinyofu